Foreplay Review





17254035
Title:  Foreplay
Author: Sophie Jordan

Before she goes after the life she’s always wanted, she’s about to find the one she needs.

Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend’s brother, Hunter, for like ever. He’s the key to everything she’s always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she’s kissed exactly one guy, she has just the plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom—take a few pointers from someone who knows what he’s doing.

Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he’s beyond gorgeous, but he’s also dangerous, deep—with a troubled past. Soon what started as lessons in attraction are turning both their worlds around, and showing just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what’s real…

So, upon reading the blurb for this book, I didn't think I was going to like it. But I had heard great things about Sophie Jordan, so against my thoughts I picked it up. I am really glad I did.

Pepper  is in love with her best friend's brother. Which is recently single. Pepper needs to make him notice her, but she thinks because she has zero experince in the bedroom, that she will disappoint. So she needs a teacher.

In comes Reece (LOVE THAT NAME!). He is a bartender that Pepper heard would bed anyone. So it is to her surprise that he blows her off the first time. Then when she goes back, she just pours her plan out. And he agrees...

I won't go into anything else, to refrain from spoliers. Even that summary makes this book sound cheesy, but it really isn't. This book is amazing. Jordan is an amazing writer and I really love Pepper's voice. Though sometimes I would love to throw a brick in her face, because she is being stupid, but that is expected some in a New Adult novel.

What I loved:
  • Pepper! I hate that name for this character, because I loved it in Iron man, but I loved this character. She has her stupid moments, but she is a girl and don't we all have those stupid moments. Especially when a guy is involved. I love her thought process through all the things that go on with Reece and Hunter.

  • Reece –Reece is a strong male character. In a lot of NA novels they tend to make the guy overly perfect, and that is something that throws me off. Reece isn't like that. He has his flaws and own problems. Jordan takes the time to let you get to know this character. As Pepper is learning about him, so are we. There is nothing I hate more than a flat character. And Reece is anything but flat. He isn't one of those guys that will take anything either. Most of the time in these books the girl can walk all over the guy and they are all like, okay, that's cool, I still love you. Reece knew what he was getting into, but still didn't let Pepper walk all over him, if that makes sense. Beyond my favorite guy in a book.
  • The Flow – Everything moved so smoothly. It wasn't choppy at all. Jordan knows how to make the transition from one scene to another, which is something very important to a good book.
  • The Emotion – The best way to explain this one would be when Pepper first approaches Reece at the bar. My face was burning red with embarassment the entire time. Every emotion Pepper has, the reader feels it, too.
  • Quick Read – I read this in like one night.


What I didn't like:
  • Nothing


What I would change:
  • I would change things with Hunter. I would have Pepper spend more time with him. I would have liked to see him more in this book.


Would I recommend this:
  • Yes, I would. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good light and fun romance.
Will I pick up the second:
  • Maybe. The second book, Tease, doesn't follow Pepper with her relationship. It splits off to another person in the story.

This is a New Adult novel. It isn't meant for anyone under the age of 18 years old.


No comments