#Tenbookchallenge

Okay, so this is my first challenge, so hang with me on this. Hopefully I do this right.

I was tagged by Jennifer at The Fluttering Heart Book Nest. You can click the blog name to see her picks for this challenge.

The challenge: List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Do not take more than a few minutes and do not think too hard. They do not have to be the "right" books or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way. Paste these instructions and tag 10 friends, including me, so I can see your list.

Here we go:


1. The Harry Potter Series. - This one was a nobrainer for me. Harry Potter was the first book I actually ever fangirled over. I can safely say there isn't a day that goes by that a Harry Potter reference doesn't cross my mind. I might not say it, but it is there. Those books were a HUGE part of my child/teenage years. I have always said if I ever have children I would start shoving Harry Potter at them in the womb.


2. The Lady's Hand by Bobbi Smith - This book came to me when I was around 14 years old. I wasn't the target audience and if my mother knew I had the book she would have had a fit. But still, the book opened me up to the adult romance fiction world. I still have the copy of this book and I still re-read it every now and again. I loved this book.


3. A Child Called It by David Pelzer - This goes for the entire trilogy. I read these books for extra credit in my psychology class in college, but a friend had read them in high school, so I knew the gist and I knew going into it I wouldn't like it. I balled my eyes out with this book. I don't read a lot of non-fiction and this book is the reason why. Every time I hear the word child abuse my mind flies to this book and that horrid woman.



4. Things Change by Patrick Jones - This book I didn't even attend to read. I was in the library one morning before school and the bell rang and I needed a book so I grabbed the first one I could reach. And it was this one. It was the first book I read that dealt with a girl my age getting abused by her boyfriend. I ended up doing a report on it, it influenced me so much.




5.Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson - This woman really knows how to jerk at your heart strings. I have read sevral books by her. I read Wintergirls last January and it really hit home. It was a subject I knew a lot about personally and to see it through the eyes of another person was very deep for me. It was a very powerful book.




6. The Whole Golden World by Kristina Riggle - I don't know why this book has stuck to me like it has. I really hated this book. I went into it with high expectations and they were just shot down. Very unrealistic. And I find myself getting mad about it, even as I write this. But I do find myself thinking about this one a lot.



7. Bully by Penelope Douglas - I actually have a review on this book, going into detail about the why it stuck with me. But short version is, she took it too far, really. To have a guy bully someone as bad as Jared did Tatum and then her still have feelings for him was ridiclous. I think about this book a lot more than I should and about everything Tatum had to endure. I know she is a fictional character, but stuff like that is very real.


8. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James - Make no mistake, I HATED these books. Reason? SO MANY MISTAKES! I know I am not perfect, but then again, I don't have an editor or publishing team like this author did. And really, I blame them for the mistake issues in this book. I had to go through the entire book, fixing the mistakes. But by the time I was done, I realized that was what I wanted to do. That was the book that made me realize I wanted to go into publishing or an editor. So for that, I do thank James, though I won't ever finish her series. Sorry for all the Fifty fans out  there. Though I am excited for the movie. It comes out the day before my birthday! Which is silly, why wouldn't they have it on Valentine's day, but that is an entirely different blog post.


9. June Dreams by Kathrine Applegate - Another book I picked up in high school. This series has stuck with me since I was a freshman in high school. I have thought about it ever since. I recently picked up the series at a used book store and am in the process of reading them again.



10. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green - So I did read this book this year, but it still qualifies. Because it was a very emotional book for me and I can't stop thinking about it. I actually follow John Green and his brother Hank on youtube and I have to say, I don't picture this story coming out of him. He is such a funny guy and to write something so sad. Though I see where Augusts Waters's humor comes from.

That was easier than I thought. Here are the people I am tagging:


Jessica @ a GREAT read!

Those are all I am going to tag. I haven't seen you guys do the challenge and I do follow your blogs closely, but if I did miss it my some chance, and you have done it already, I am sorry.








3 comments

  1. I love the series by Katherine Applegate! I just read them last year. They re-did all of the covers and combined the books into two huge books and two little books. I read the redone versions of them so it's weird to see the cover you have here! Great series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know the re-did the covers. I will have to look into that. It is one of my favorite series.I am really glad you enjoyed them as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I feel pretty out of the loop sometimes when the majority of my friends have read Harry Potter and I haven't *shake my head*. I loved the movies but I would like to finish it some day, I definitely think it's a series to be passed to your children too. And yeah, I felt exactly how you did about Fifty Shades of Grey. I couldn't finish it because of the mistakes but I am interested in how the movie will turn out though! Plus, I find Jamie Dornan very dreamy haha. Thanks for accepting the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete